Endodontist, John B. Dale, D.M.D., M.S.
- Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics, 2008-present
- St. Louis University-Center for Advanced Dental Education, St. Louis, MO: Master of Science Degree and Endodontic Specialty Certificate, 2001
- Southern Illinois School of Dental Medicine, Alton, IL: Doctorate of Dental Medicine, 1995;
- President, Class of 1995; received multiple awards for excellence, including that in Pediatric Dentistry, Operative Dentistry, Dental Management; Chapter President of the Psi Omega Dental Fraternity
- Oromaxillofacial Trauma Externship, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, 1994; Treating major and minor orofacial trauma cases at this Level I trauma center
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO: Undergraduate Studies with Full Academic Scholarship
- Woodlawn High School, Woodlawn, IL: 1988 Grad; Valedictorian; Class President; multiple academic and athletic awards
Military Service and Dental Training
- U.S. Navy: 1997-99, Branch Dental Clinic, Newport, RI
- U.S. Navy: 1996-97, 3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit, Okinawa Japan
- U.S. Navy: 1995-96, Hospital Dentistry Residency, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD; Advanced Trauma Life Support certified; Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified; Field and Combat Dental/Medical Training
- Five years experience in comprehensive dentistry; Decorated with Seven Medals for Outstanding Achievement and Service
- John B. Dale, D.M.D., M.S., P.C., Peoria location, 2004-Present
- John B. Dale, D.M.D., M.S., P.C., East Peoria location, 2016-Present
- Wisconsin Endodontic Group, Waukesha, Milwaukee and Sheboygan, WI; Associate, 2001-2003
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
- Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club
- American Association of Endodontics
- Illinois Endodontic Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Peoria District Dental Society
- Director of Endodontics, OSF St. Francis General Practice Residency, 2009-2015
- Donated Dental Services volunteer for special needs patients, 2010-present
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry 1995-2001
Published in Journal of Dental Medicine: “Hormonal Regulation of Androgen Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Expression in Human Tooth Pulp”
J.B. Dale, R.J. Zachow, et al Journal of Dental Research, vol. 81: pp. 360-365. First Published May 1, 2002; multiple citations in multiple medical and dental publications
Dr. Dale has been practicing Endodontics for over 21 years.
After living and practicing Endodontics in the Milwaukee area for over three years, Dr. Dale opened his current Endodontic office in February 2004. He opened his second location adjacent to Illinois Central College in 2016 to aid in serving patients who live and work on that side of the Illinois River.
In 2008, after seven years of treatment and study, Dr. Dale became a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics. He strongly believes that this, combined with his five years experience as a general dentist, contributes to him being able to give his patients the best of care as well as working closely with his general dentist colleagues. He adamantly believes in the vital importance of continuing education, and stays current with the latest in Endodontic procedures and research. He utilizes the latest Endodontic procedures, diagnostic and operative equipment, and practices evidence-based Endodontics to assure his patients receive the best surgical and non-surgical treatment possible. He is the most experienced Endodontist, and the only Endodontist who is Board certified by the American Board of Endodontics, in the region.
Known for his warm and gentle personality, he prides himself in spending time with patients to explain procedures while providing treatment as gently and quickly as possible, and to the highest of standards. Dr. Dale believes in treating each patient as he would want his loved ones to be treated. His staff is highly trained and second-to-none, warm and friendly, and practice the same treatment philosophy, as well!
Over the years, Dr. Dale has pursued many hobbies. He is currently a high school and college baseball umpire, is well-versed in playing many musical instruments, and is currently studying cello under a renowned cellist and conductor/musical director.
He married his wife, Sarah, in 1994, and they have one daughter, Elizabeth, both of whom Dr. Dale is extremely proud! As a family, they enjoy travelling to new (and some familiar) places to pursue their outdoor loves of hiking, kayaking, boating and fishing. At home, their interests include classic movies and literature, art, music, and simply being together. They are active members of St. Mary’s Church in Kickapoo.